About this document
This Financial Services Guide ("FSG") is an important document. You should read it carefully and make sure you understand it.
This FSG is provided to you by Walker Capital Private Wealth Pty Limited ACN 161 363 097 ("Walker Capital", we, our, us), the holder of an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL No. 436859), to inform you of the financial services we are able to provide and to assist you in deciding whether to use any of the services offered in this FSG. This FSG replaces all prior versions.
This FSG explains:
- Other disclosure documents we may give you
- Who we are and how you can contact us
- Financial services and products we are authorised to provide
- What our responsibilities are and what type of advice we give
- How you can instruct us
- How we get paid (remuneration, commissions, benefits)
- How we deal with customer complaints and where you can go for further help
- Our compensation arrangements
- Potential conflicts of interest
This FSG contains general information. If you have further questions after reading it please contact us.
Who we are
Walker Capital is a financial services firm that operates a network of Advisers and Authorised Financial Service Providers located around the country specialising in a range of financial services, including but not limited to financial planning, wealth management, funds management, research and general advice and dealing services.
Walker Capital is responsible for the financial services provided to you by us, your Adviser and/ or the Authorised Financial Services Provider and as such acts on its own behalf.
If you decide to utilise the services provided by Walker Capital and its network of Advisers, you will receive this FSG and the Adviser Schedule. The Adviser Schedule forms part of this FSG and provides details of who your Adviser is and how you can contact them.
Walker Capital, Arrow Focus on Wealth and its Advisers are not independent, impartial or unbiased because they may have an association or relationship with issuers of financial products that may influence the services we provide to you. They may also receive commissions on life insurance products we recommend to our clients.
Other Disclosure Documents we may give you
You may receive other documents in addition to this FSG when your Adviser provides you with personal financial advice or recommends a financial product.
Statement of Advice
Any advice that you receive from your Adviser which takes your personal objectives, financial situation and needs into account, will be presented to you in writing in your Statement of Advice (SoA), also known as your financial plan. The SoA is an important document as it sets out what your Adviser is recommending and why it is suitable and appropriate for you. It will contain enough detail for you to make an informed decision about whether to act on the advice and will outline:
- Your Adviser's recommendations and the basis on which they are given.
- The costs of the advice and information about fees, commissions or other benefits that we, your Adviser or a related party may receive.
- Details of any relationships or associations that we or your Adviser may have with product providers or related parties.
Record of Advice
If your Adviser provides you with further personal advice, you may receive a Record of Advice (RoA) on the condition that your circumstances and the basis of advice have not changed significantly since the initial advice was received by your Adviser. You may request a copy of the advice records that we keep. Any request must be made, either verbally or in writing, within seven (7) years (or as prescribed by law) of the provision of the further personal advice, and should be directed to your Adviser.
Product Disclosure Statement
Where we make a recommendation on a product (other than securities listed on the ASX), we will provide a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) which will assist you in deciding whether to acquire the financial product. The PDS contains important information about the product features, benefits, risks and fees associated with that product. The PDS should be read carefully to enable you to make an informed decision about whether to utilise the product.
Financial Services we are authorised to provide
Walker Capital is authorised under its AFSL to provide you with an extensive range of financial services to retail and wholesale clients including but not limited to provide advice and deal in the following classes of financial products:
- deposit and payment products limited to
- basic deposit products;
- deposit products other than basic deposit products;
- government debentures, stocks or bonds;
- life products including:
- investment life insurance products;
- life risk insurance products;
- interests in managed investment schemes including investor directed portfolio services;
- interests in managed investment schemes limited to MDA Services;
- retirement savings accounts;
- standard margin lending facility; and
About your Adviser
Advisers are authorised by Walker Capital to provide financial product advice in relation to, and deal in, certain financial products and services. Walker Capital will be responsible for any financial services that your Adviser is authorised to provide to you.
The Adviser Schedule contains important information about your Adviser including what advice they can provide, what relationships and associations they maintain as well as details of the advice fees you may pay and how they get paid for providing you with advice.
Nature of Advice and our Responsibilities
Walker Capital and its network of Advisers and Authorised Financial Service Providers may provide personal advice and/ or general advice regarding financial products and services that can be dealt through us. Personal advice is advice that takes into account one or more of your objectives, financial situation and needs ("your Personal Circumstances"). You should immediately notify your Adviser if your Personal Circumstances change. Each time you receive any personal advice, you will be asked to confirm whether your Personal Circumstances have changed. Your Adviser can only make recommendations based on the information provided by you. Without all the necessary information, the advice given may not be appropriate for your Personal Circumstances.
Before taking any action to acquire any of the financial products or services mentioned in this FSG you should consider whether the product or service is appropriate having regard to your Personal Circumstances. You should also refer to the relevant PDS and ensure that you understand the risks associated with those financial products and services.
It should be noted that if you open an account with us you may be requested to provide some information relating to your financial circumstances and risk profile. This information is collected so that we can:
· receive some reassurance that you will be able to finance any trading that you enter into and that your attitude to risk is comparable to that of the financial products you intend to trade; and
- identify who you are as required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AMLCTF Act 2006).
By collecting this information it does not mean that Walker Capital or any of its Adviser will or have provided personal advice to you.
How to instruct us?
We will accept instructions via telephone, email or facsimile.
You must check and confirm with us that instructions sent via email, have in fact been received by us.
You must review any confirmation or statement we send to you immediately upon receipt to ensure its accuracy and report any discrepancies to us.
How do we get paid?
The fees charged for our advice and services will be agreed between you and us and may be based on:
- an agreed dollar amount; and
- a percentage-based fee.
The fees will either be invoiced directly to you or deducted from your account provided that you give your written consent.
Our advice fees may include charges for the following advice services:
- Upfront advice fee - The Upfront advice fee covers the cost of researching and preparing the advice provided in the SOA and implementing the advice contained in the SOA.
- Ongoing advice fee - The ongoing advice fee covers the cost to review the strategies and the products recommended in your SOA. An ongoing review helps you take advantage of opportunities as they become available.
- Insurance Commissions - Please note that for services in relation to insurance products, commissions may be paid by the product provider as follows:
- Initial commission - a percentage of the value of your investment contributions, loan balance or insurance premiums; and
- Ongoing commission - a percentage of the value of your investment balance, outstanding loan amount or premiums, usually calculated at the end of each month in which you hold the investment or loan, or on renewal of insurance products.
- Advisory and Dealing Services - Walker Capital (through the Third Party Service Provider) will arrange, as authorised by you, for brokerage, commission or transaction fees (ie. in the form of a spread mark-up or a rebate on the spread margin) to be debited from your account when a transaction has been completed in consideration for services rendered. The amount of commission can differ greatly depending on the services provided (ie. ranging from execution only services to advisory and dealing services). Generally, the commission may be charged on a per trade basis or on a cash under management basis.
Full details of brokerage, commission or transaction fees (ie. in the form of a spread mark-up or a rebate on the spread margin) payable by you is outlined in the Client Agreement entered into between the Third Party Service Provider and you.
For more information on the services and fees charged by your Adviser, please see Personal Wealth Management Program Fee Schedule attached to this FSG and available upon request.
Specific details of our services and the fees, brokerage, commission or transaction fees payable by you will be outlined in the SOA issued to you or the Client Agreement entered into between either the Third Party Service Provider and you or between Walker Capital and you.
You may have been referred to us by a service provider which may receive financial or non-financial benefits from us, details of which will be disclosed in the SOA we give to you.
We may refer your business to a service provider which may pay us financial or non-financial benefits, details of which will be disclosed in the SOA we give to you.
Please note that referral fees will only be paid to a service provider by us or received by us from a service provider if you have authorised such payments or receipts in writing by signing the Authority to Proceed included in your SOA or the Client Agreement entered between Walker Capital and you or or such other similar document.
Remuneration of employees, directors and representatives
Our directors, employees, representatives and authorised representatives may in turn be remunerated on a commission basis for the services provided to you. Their remuneration is included in the commissions and fees discussed above and where relevant disclosed in your SOA or the Client Agreement entered between Walker Capital and you or such other similar document..
Conflicts of interest and associations
Conflicts of interest may occur from time to time. Walker Capital will advise you of any material interest that could reasonably be expected to influence our recommendation of a financial product to you, either verbally or within an SOA, SOAA or ROA.
However, you should be aware that:
- Walker Capital’s representatives may be remunerated wholly or in part on a share of brokerage or commission basis;
- if you have been referred to us by a third party, that person may receive a share of brokerage charged to you;
- Walker Capital, its directors and representatives may have material interests in the shares of companies that we have provided advice on from time to time.
Walker Capital has an association with a number of third party service providers that provide execution and clearing services to clients. If Walker Capital has referred or introduced you to a third party service provider it may receive a share of the fees, brokerage or commission charged to you.
These Conflicts of Interest and Associations in no way influence the provision of financial services by Walker Capital to you.
If you wish to make a complaint, you can contact the Complaints Officer (Mr Michael Walker) on (02) 8076 2210 or by email on email@example.com. Walker Capital has a formalised client complaint resolution procedure. All complaints are reviewed and investigated by our Complaints Officer. If you make a complaint, our first response will be to contact you to discuss the complaint and to register a formal record of such complaint. We will try to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
If, despite our best efforts, you believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with, we offer clients the use of an independent industry arbiter, namely, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). Walker Capital has agreed not to contest a final resolution from AFCA.
AFCA's contact details are:
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone (toll free):
1800 931 678
Walker Capital holds professional indemnity insurance which meets the requirements under the Corporations Act 2001 for compensation arrangements. The insurance covers claims arising from the financial services provided to you by Walker Capital and its representatives and authorised representatives.
This Schedule forms part of the Financial Services Guide (FSG) issued by Walker Capital Private Wealth Pty Limited (ACN 161 363 097, AFSL No. 436859) dated 14.5.2022.
Please keep this Adviser Schedule for future reference.
Who is my Adviser?
Your Adviser is an Authorised Representative of Walker Capital Private Wealth Pty Limited.
(Authorised Representative No. 270473)
Corporate Authorised Representative Name:
Arrow Focus on Wealth Pty Ltd
(Authorised Representative No. 270472)
2 Thredbo Dr
Worongary QLD 3004
1800 731 328
Your Adviser is authorised to provide the following financial services to retail and wholesale clients including but not limited to provide advice and deal in the following classes of financial products:
- life products including:
- investment life insurance products;
- life risk insurance products;
- interests in managed investment schemes including investor directed portfolio services; and